Graham T. Youngs
In terms of litigation, Graham’s practice includes complex civil trial and appellate work in both state and federal courts. He handles a wide variety of claims and lawsuits involving personal injury, real estate, property damage, business, estate, and general litigation, as well as insurance-coverage disputes. Graham has served as counsel in multiple civil jury trials, bench trials, and contested administrative hearings.
Graham’s appellate practice has included appearances on more than 30 cases. In addition to briefing and arguing before the Court of Appeals of Indiana, he has briefed cases in the Indiana Tax Court, and Supreme Court of Indiana. He has also engaged in certiorari-stage briefing in the Supreme Court of the United States.
From 2018 through 2023, Indiana Super Lawyers® Magazine has recognized Graham as a Rising Star. This designation is limited to 2.5% of Indiana attorneys 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
Graham is an Eagle Scout and former college wrestler. He lives in Danville, Indiana with his wife Corrine and their three daughters.
Law Degree: IU Robert H. McKinney School of Law, cum laude (J.D., 2014)
Undergraduate Degree: Wabash College, magna cum laude (A.B., 2011)
- S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Local government
- Municipal law
- Real estate
- Personal injury
- Eminent domain
- Insurance coverage
- Civil litigation
- Homeowners’ Association
- Albertson v. Cadwell, 200 N.E.3d 948, 950 (Ind. Ct. App. 2022) (affirmed entry of partial summary judgment in favor of client denying existence of easement by necessity)
- Himsel v. Himsel, 122 N.E.3d 935 (Ind. Ct. App. 2019) (served as amici counsel in lawsuit involving various claims, including constitutionality of the Right to Farm Act).
- King v. Conley, 87 N.E.3d 1146 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017) (affirmed decision of trial court in favor of client and remanded for award of appellate attorneys’ fees).
- Fisher v. Carroll Cty. Assessor, 74 N.E.3d 582 (Ind. T.C. 2017) (affirmed decision of the Board of Tax Review).
- In re J.S., 48 N.E.3d 356, 358 (Ind. Ct. App. 2015), denied sub nom. In re Expungement of J.S., 48 N.E.3d 317 (Ind. 2016) (obtained stay pending appeal for agency client).
- Sandleben v. State, 29 N.E.3d 126 (Ind. Ct. App. 2015) (decided in favor of client, affirming stalking conviction).
Personal Injury Claims in Indiana, Legal Guide (Feb. 24, 2019) (https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/personal-injury-claims-in-indiana)
The Appeal Bond: How it Works, How It’s Fixed, and Practical Lessons from State v. IBM, 55 Ind. L. Rev. (Online Exclusive) (2018) (https://indianalawreview.com/2018/09/27/online-exclusive-practical-lessons-from-state-v-ibm/)
Piracy in Somalia: A Legal Analysis Concerning the Prosecution of Pirate Negotiators Under the Current U.S. and International Framework, 24 Ind. Int’l & Comp. L. Rev. 809 (2014) (https://mckinneylaw.iu.edu/iiclr/pdf/vol24p809.pdf)
- 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Star list.
- 2014, semi-finalist in the Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law National Moot Court Competition
- 2013, Inducted into the Order of the Barristers, a law school distinction given based on demonstrated appellate advocacy.
- 2013, Best Note, IU McKinney International and Comparative Law Review given based on excellence in writing
- 2011, James E. Bingham award for promise in the legal profession
- 2011, NCAA Academic All-American, Wrestling
- 2011, Max Services Leadership Award, Wrestling
- 2003, Eagle Scout
- Hendricks County Bar Association, Vice President (2018–2019) and Treasurer
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Sagamore American Inn of Court, Associate Member (2015–2017)
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association, Member
- Federalist Society, Member
- Hope Healthcare Services, Board of Directors (2022-Present)
- Mary Queen of Peace Catholic Church, Danville, Parishioner
- Constant Quest CrossFit, Danville, Member (2016-Present)
- Hendricks County Young Republicans, Past Secretary